Messengers

Today's entry is extracted from my reply to one of my friends who gave me a very thoughtful comment on my blog diary. I would like to post it by omitting the privacy related portions:

Thank you for your detailed comments on my blog diary. I am very happy to know that you have been reading them. I also believe that your workshop must be successful. For me, it was a good coincidence that while you were conducting the workshop, I was also conducting the CMMI presentation. My experience on CMMI had really given me a valuable insight. I am glad that I could share them with you through this blog to some extent.

As you commented, the good thing in keeping this blog is that it can place me in the position that I really write as I breathe. Whether I like it or not, since it is my diary, a kind of moderate obsession on writing has been installed in me, then I feel I have to write something daily or at least every other day. Although the pathological obsession should be avoided, keeping it moderately can make my life more productive and if anything contemplative.

For the contemplative state of our lives, we do several kinds of activities such as meditation, prayer and even weight training. In my case, then, writing really is one of the most important tools to access to such state. Once I could have entered the state of "flow" on writing, I feel that a certain messenger can come to help me to write something, though it does not mean at all that my writing can be always creative, and yet meeting or recognizeing my messenger in writing is one of the most ecstatic experiences. That is why, I like a kind of excitement that writing gives me even though I feel some reluctance in the beginning.

As I wrote in "Two Voices," it seems to me that through writing I can access to the so-called true voice and shut down a false inner chatting that I tend to do in my time wasting daydreaming. Is it superstitious? Well, it might be. But it is true that such belief has been one of the motifs for my writing. In other words, because of writing, somehow I can believe both existence of the messenger and value of the creativity that they provide, though I do not mean that I can be creative always because of writing – and yet, because of writing, at least I can appreciate both existence of the messenger and value of the creativity.

As for "Leap into the Second Tier," I think that I have oversimplified what might be going on in this "next" dimension. I also agree that it is too much if I say that we will be able to overcome our "ego issues" only in this stage. It is unrealistic to say that when one is in the Second Tier, he or she has been already egoless. The true egoless, enlightenment, or non-dual satori is NOT waiting for us right after the First Tier – right after the Green meme. It is too naïve if we can believe so. Thus, as you commented, it is more appropriate to say that in the Second Tier we can just and scarcely achieve the trans-rational alone, while the Green meme could not truly overcome (transcend/include) the ego-oriented rationality (that is represented by the Orange meme) because of their pseudo-spirituality and/or because of their going to magic (due to the pre/trans fallacy).

I will study and reflect further on this point so as to write something more about this issue. However, I also feel that exploring the "Second Tier" by writing is also somewhat risky. Since it is a kind of non-verbal state (I believe), if we try unnecessarily to articulate this issue, then it might look like too esoteric and enigmatic, which might be either rejected by the Orange-oriented rational people or utilized by the Mean Green occultism, etc. That is what I am afraid of... (Yet, of course if one is talented enough, such level of articulation may be possible in using the more symbolic ways just as artists, musicians and poets always do. Unfortunately I am not that talented.) Also I think there is the same risk that any integral theories, approaches, organizations and practices may encounter in their way to the Second Tier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradigm, System, Skills and Knowledge

Good Shepherd

Philosophical Attitude