Productivity and Quality

This afternoon I have finally conducted the CMMI presentation for one of the Japanese software development companies here in the Philippines. I think it was quite successful and Mr. V was also quite satisfied with my performance. We are happy that the audiences have surely appreciated the presentation. Our given time was two hours from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. I started the presentation at 1 p.m. and could finish it at 2:45 p.m. and had questions and answers for 15 minutes. In terms of "time management" it was almost perfect. And I think I was able to say almost everything I should deliver the audiences with 37 slides of the power point presentation.

Does it sound a bit arrogant? If so, please forgive me. Right now I am just satisfied and happy with my own performance. It is sometimes nice that you praise what you could have done successfully. That gives you a confidence that can positively energize your further improvement unless you have been satisfied with your status quo.

The good thing for me personally is that I was able to give Mr. V the impression that now I can conduct the generic introduction of CMMI quite well. According to him, CMMI has a lot of potential demands. As I also explained in "Outsourcing", a lot of IT companies have considered the Philippines as one of the important destinations for BPO. This means that there will be surely a lot of companies that will need CMMI (and much better if additionally you can master the generic introduction of eSCM - eSourcing Capability Model that is particularly focusing on IT related BPO such as service provider companies). If one Japanese company accepts CMMI, then in the beginning – at the phase 1 of "awareness," such generic introduction that I conducted today is indispensable. There will be more chances to conduct the presentation for the incoming clients.

Now, even from the point of view of my personal growth, the more I conduct the presentation of CMMI, the more I can internalize its principle and philosophy. Together with Spiral Dynamics, that is what I really seek for. CMMI is the process improvement model and theory, as I said in "Optimizing Processes," if we consider ourselves as a kind of independent organization, most of the things in our daily lives can be also regarded as the process related matters. What CMMI can provide is to transform the process of the organization from "immature" to "mature" and eventually to "institutionalized." In the same way, if we can convey such institutionalized process in our daily activities, then of course the productivity and the quality of life will be improved. It is really fantastic to imagine that with CMMI we can achieve the high quality and productive life.

For example, at present I have been surrounded by the multiple tasks such as writing dissertation, translation job, being a company employee, conducting CMMI training, working out in the gym, practicing Aikido, and then, writing this Blog Diary. Not only that, I also love reading a lot of books that can nurture my mind, soul and spirit. In Maria's dairy (See "Eleven Minutes"), she wrote that she needed to write and write and write; otherwise her soul could not survive. In a sense I can understand her feeling, though she was just a character created by Paulo Coelho. In the same way, I also need reading, writing, and internalizing some spiritual quotations that I pick up from my everyday reading, otherwise my soul cannot survive.

As for the everyday spiritual quotations (that sometimes include my own compositions), I call them "everyday spiritual messages." I used to distribute such messages to my friends. But now, I no longer do so. It seems to me (I know the reason but I do not know if I am correct) that the more important thing now is how and with whom I possibly share these messages...

In any case, considering these diverse tasks, I really need the more productivity and quality in my life. Of course it is not that I have to become a kind of workaholic and come to say "I am always busy." On the country, what I mean as the integration of productivity and quality is that which brings us the peaceful state of life. We are no longer so-called adrenaline-stimulated robot. Only when we can let go of such pressure for the pseudo-productivity and pseudo-pleasure / quality of life, then we can have the real calmness in which we can achieve the true productivity and the true quality of life. Even in such condition we can still do many things, but we are no longer pressured, rather, we are calmly relaxed and can detach from such doing many things.

It is just like the ocean. The ocean can give us the tremendous abundance, but the ocean herself never attaches to what she has produced but just has been letting go. For, she knows that such way of letting go is the only way that she can maintain her tremendous abundance and can still embrace everything. It is nice to meditate in facing the ocean if you have time to visit some beaches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradigm, System, Skills and Knowledge

Good Shepherd

Philosophical Attitude