Assessment

Stayed in the office until 3 pm. Having finally received the fund from Australia, we could process the transaction that is the consumption tax portion that we could not completely pay out last February. Prior to the process, I emailed the contacts pre-notifications to inform that they will receive this additional payment. Expectedly they have forgotten the fact that they did not receive the tax amounts last February even though I clearly explained them via email at that time. Anyway together with the pre-notification emails, I also talked with them over the phone.

Today is the deadline for the translation of Cultural Assessment questionnaires. Of course I have already completed it. The funny thing was that I thought the deadline was on July 4, but just when I tried to send out the completed translation to Mr. S, I found out it was on July 6. In this case it is a kind of good misunderstanding. For, because of this, I could have an extra time to review the translation. I will send it to him tonight

Yesterday I had meeting with Mr. V regarding the job I will be involved soon. At present I have been involved with three jobs, working in the outsourcing company, translating SD related materials, then (if I can call it a job) writing my dissertation. These things have made my life quite busy and if anything feeling productive. And now it seems the fourth will be coming, which is a kind of CMMI related job. CMMI is a sort of assessment tool and/or framework to evaluate IT related companies especially the maturity of SW development etc. It is similar to ISO. Maybe you can say CMMI is a kind of IT version of ISO, while SD (Cultural Assessment) is a kind of organizational cultural version of ISO. I am not familiar with ISO so far. But now just coincidentally I have encountered a chance to study CMMI. I believe this opportunity will be one of my good experiences even for the development of SD related assessment. It can give me a broader perspective of what is "assessment" all about. In this regard, I am quite excited these days. What I will do in this CMMI project is to conduct a presentation in Japanese for the Japanese IT companies here in the Philippines. That is why, Mr. V said that his company needed someone like me who can speak both Japanese and English at the same time have a certain background of both assessment and a bit of IT. The project is not yet finalized but I really hope I can be involved with this more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradigm, System, Skills and Knowledge

Good Shepherd

Philosophical Attitude